SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION Week 1 (Sunday, Feb 7th):
1. Because this will be first meeting (for many of you) you may want to start with these to get acquainted: (note: you don’t have to do all of the get acquainted starters here)
- My name is…
- My immediate family includes…
- The thing I like best about my hometown is…
- Something interesting you might now know about me is…
- I chose to study about experiencing God because…
2. Was there anything from the message Sunday that stands out to you?
3. What questions have you had about Gods will for your life over the years? (e.g. – who to marry, what college, which church, etc)
4. How have you gone about finding God’s will in the past?
5. Have someone READ James 5:17-18
6. How does v. 17 describe Elijah?
7. Why do you think God wants to do his work through ordinary people?
8. Have someone READ 1 Corinthians 1:26-31 What does this passage say about why God may delight to do things through ordinary people?
9. What parallel do you see between John 15:5 and John 5:19?
10. Review 7 realities of experiencing God found in the book
11. Which of these 7 is the most new, or profound to you?
12. Any other questions you have as you get started this journey of Experiencing God?
**CLOSE IN PRAYER**