SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
Week 3 (Sunday, February 21)
Begin with opening ice-breaker, like “what did you want to be when you grew up?” and then have some one pray as you get started with discussion questions.
1) Was there anything from the message Sunday, or from your studies last week that stood out to you?
2) How have you experienced God this past week? Lead them by also sharing how the Lord spoke to you.
3) Have someone read 1 John 3:16.
4) What does this verse say about HOW to know what real love is?
5) What are some ways people have tried to define what love is?
6) What are some ways YOU have tried to define what love is?
7) Have someone read Luke 15:11-24
8) How does the word Father help you better understand the character of God and what it means to be in a relationship with Him?
9) When do you have the hardest time accepting the fact that God loves you? Why is it hard to feel loved by God? When is it easiest to believe that He loves you?
10) The Bible says that “God is love,” and it gives many examples of God “pursuing” us out of this love. What are your thoughts about this?
11) What are your thoughts about this quote, ““You don’t seek quiet time with God in order to experience Him but because you already sense His activity in your heart and life.”
12) Which do you desire more: to know what your future holds or to trust God more fully? How is knowing the Way (Jesus) better than having a road map for your life?
Bonus Question: When and how did God interrupt your life in His pursuit of a continuing love relationship with you that is real and personal?
13) Does anyone remember the memory verse from week one or week two?
14) THIS week the memory verse is:
(37) “Jesus replied: ‘ “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.” (38) This is the first and greatest commandment.’ ”
How does this verse explain what God is after?
*CLOSE IN PRAYER, asking the Lord to help us firmly settle in our hearts that He loves us!