SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
Begin with opening ice-breaker, like “what is your favorite food?” and then have some one pray as you get started with discussion questions.
1) Was there anything from the message Sunday, or from your studies last week that stood out to you?
2) Anyone want to share what your experience was like with your 30 minute walk?
3) What are examples of things that only GOD can do? What are some things ONLY God can do that you have seen in YOUR own life. How has He worked in you? (share specific time/situations)
4) What do you think about the idea that God (the Creator of the universe) wants you to join Him in His work?
5) How do you desire to see God work in the lives of people around you?
6) Does anyone remember the memory verse from week one, week two, or week three?
7) THIS week the memory verse is: John 14:21 (21) “Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.”
8) Have someone read John 14:31. What parallels do you see between this verse and the Memory verse above?
9) Why is it so important that love and obedience are experienced together? (What happens if they get separated in our understanding of either?)
10) What do you think of this thought: if you have an obedience problem you have a love problem (again, see memory verse)
Know Him > Love Him > Believe Him > Trust Him > Obey Him
11) God told Moses that His name is I AM… whatever you NEED Me to be! LOOK at list of names of God… (page 268 in workbook; page 325 in chapter book)
Are there any of those names that are particularly meaningful to you?
12) How have you come to personally know God by that name?
13) What have you needed God to be at different times in your life?
*CLOSE IN PRAYER, thanking God for being Who we need Him to be, and choosing to have us join Him in His work! Ask Him to SHOW you where He is at work!