SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
WEEK 5 (March 7th)
Begin with opening ice-breaker, like “What has been your favorite road trip or vacation?” and then have some one pray as you get started with discussion questions.
1) Were there ways you saw God at work around you this past week? Things only God could do?
2) Does anyone remember the memory verse from week one, week two, week three, or week four?
3) THIS week the memory verse is:
(47) “He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God.”
4) Quote from the book: “A critical requirement for understanding and experiencing God is clearly knowing when He is speaking. If Christians do not know when God is speaking, they are in trouble at the heart of their Christian lives.” Why is hearing from God an important part of the Christian life?
5) In what ways have you experienced God’s voice in the past?
6) What are some barriers you can think of to hearing from God?
7) Read Hebrews 1:1-2. What do these verses say about how God related to his children before Jesus?
8) What does Hebrews 1 tells us about how God is speaking during these last days?
9) In the book the Blacakabys say God’s truth is always revealed, and never discovered. What do they mean by this, and why is this so important? What is consequence when a person (or society) believes that truth is something they discover themselves?
10) What are some mistaken ways we try to hear or interpret God speaking to us?
11) Read John 14:19-20. What did God provide for this verse to be possible?
12) Read 1 Corinthians 2:9-10, 12. How does God speak to us today? Why is this important? What can happen when we try to ‘hear’ God apart from the Spirit?
13) Why is the primacy and authority of scripture so important when we are listening for God? Discuss how we hear God’s voice through scripture?
14) How does the role of prayer impact how we listen for God’s voice?
*CLOSE IN PRAYER, thanking God for speaking to us personally, and asking for ears to truly hear!