SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
WEEK 6 (Sunday, March 14th)
Begin with opening ice-breaker, like “What is an item of clothing you wore over and over as a kid?” and then have some one pray as you get started with discussion questions.
1) What did God speak to you through the devotionals this week?
2) Does anyone remember the memory verse from week one, week two, week three, week four or week five?
3) THIS week the memory verse is:
(19) Jesus gave them this answer: “I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can only do what he sees the Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.”
4) Quote from the book: “A critical requirement for understanding and experiencing God is clearly knowing when He is speaking. If Christians do not know when God is speaking, they are in trouble at the heart of their Christian lives.” Why is hearing from God an important part of the Christian life?
5) God speaks to us through circumstances. What things have you gone through or are going through that made you think God was trying to get your attention?
6) Consider your current circumstances. Are there any unusual details you think you should investigate to learn whether God is making you aware of His activity?
7) Why is it so critical to have God’s perspective on your circumstances and not rely on your own perspective?
8) Read John 11:1-6. How long did Jesus wait to go visit Lazarus and his family?
9) If you were Mary or Martha, how would you have interpreted Jesus’ delay in coming to visit?
10) What was Jesus actual thoughts and feelings toward them? (v. 5 & v. 35)
11) What was Jesus’ view of waiting as long as he did? (v. 14-15)
12) Have you ever been in the middle of a tragic or confusing circumstance in which you thought things about God which you knew were not really true of Him? Give examples.
13) God speaks to us through His church. How has God spoken to you at church? How has He spoken to you through other Christians?
14) Why is belonging to a church family so important for a Christian?
*CLOSE IN PRAYER, asking for God’s perspective on our circumstances, and thanking him for the gift of each other in the body!