SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION (Sunday, March 21st)
Begin with opening ice-breaker, like “What is a home project, craft or hobby that you tried that didn’t go so well?” and then have some one pray as you get started with discussion questions.
1) Is there anything God is showing you through your studies this week that you would like to share? Generally speaking, what have you learned, or what questions do you have, or what are you getting out of this series so far?
2) Does anyone remember the memory verse from week one, week two, week three, week four, week five or week six?
3) THIS week the memory verse is:
(6) Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
4) What is the difference between a crisis and a crisis of belief?
5) What are your thoughts regarding the following statement: “When you hear God’s voice asking you to join Him in what He’s doing, you will have a crisis of belief. What you do next reveals what you really believe about God.”?
6) Have you ever said “no” to God in a ‘crisis of faith’ moment? What was the result?
7) Have you ever taken a chance and said “yes” to God, and things didn’t seem to work out, or life got worse? Has it prevented you from trusting/obeying God in the present? Why or why not?
8) Read Genesis 12:7. Then read Genesis 15:1-5. How would you summarize the details of what God is promising here?
9) Read Genesis 16:1-3. How would you describe what happens here – as faith or something else?!
10) Read Genesis 16:4-6 What were some of the unintended results of Abraham and Sarah’s walking by their own strategies instead trusting God to keep his promise?
11) According to Hebrews 11 which Pastor Steve preached on Sunday, can you determine a person’s faith by the good or bad outcome in his life? Why or why not?
12) Share of a time about God’s faithfulness in the past. In hindsight, how have you experienced His power, even if you didn’t recognize it at the time? How does God’s past activity in your life give you hope and confidence for the future?
*CLOSE IN PRAYER, asking for God’s perspective on our circumstances, and thanking him for the gift of each other in the body!