SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
Begin with opening ice-breaker, like “What is one favorite activity from childhood you wish you could do now?” and then have some one pray as you get started with discussion questions.
1) Is there anything God is showing you through your studies this week that you would like to share? Generally speaking, what have you learned, or what questions do you have, or what are you getting out of this series so far?
2) Does anyone remember the memory verse from previous weeks’ study?
3) THIS week the memory verse is:
(5) “In Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.”
4) Discuss what “belong” means. What does it mean when something belongs to you? How do you engage with something that belongs to you vs. how you engage with something that doesn’t belong to you?
5) If we took this seriously, that we BELONG to each other, how would relationships be different than they currently are?
6) What happens when each ingredient in the Chocolate Chip recipe decides it is fine without the other ingredients? Or more important than other ingredients? What happens when people do that?
7) Read 1 Corinthians 12:12, 14
Steve mentioned “unity is not conformity”… What happens when we make conformity necessary for unity?
8) Have someone read 1 Corinthians 12:25 in the ESV translation.
1 Corinthians 12:25 (ESV)
(25) “that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same care for one another.”
Why is it important to not have division in Christ’s body?
What does Jesus say about division in Matthew 12:25?
9) Which of the following do you think is most common in churches, or are they all three abundant in churches?
- Projecting My Gift (others should be just like me)
- Elevating My Gift (I’m more important than others)
- Rejecting My Gift (I’m not as important as others)
*CLOSE IN PRAYER, asking for God to show us how to be more LOVING and UNITED in Him!