Week of May 23, 2021
- Start with an ice breaker question like, “Where is the most beautiful place you have ever been?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Have someone read Acts 16:22-24, then read Acts 17:1-5.
- How would you describe Paul and Silas’ ministry in these couple passages?
- Why do you think Paul and Silas kept on sharing Christ, in spite of the opposition they faced?
- Acts 17 describes the birth of the church of Thessalonians. How does this description in Acts 17 shed light on the reasons Paul may be writing letters to them now?
- Read 1 Thessalonians 1:6
- What are some of the results of their coming to faith in Jesus? (joy, and suffering)
- In what specific ways do you see the Thessalonians were “imitating Paul and Silas”?
- In what specific ways do you see the Thessalonians were “imitating Jesus”?
- Read 1 Thessalonians 1:8-10.
- Knowing about the suffering the church had experienced, why do you think the Thessalonians were “looking forward to the coming of the Lord?”
- How does Jesus’ coming back bring YOU encouragement?
- How has the past year and a half (Covid, election, masks, quarantine, isolation) increased your longing for Jesus’ kingdom?
- Close in prayer, asking the Lord to bring encouragement to Grace Fellowship.