Week of May 30, 2021
- Start with an ice breaker question like, “What is your favorite coffee. And if you don’t drink coffee, what do you drink?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Have someone read 1 Thessalonians 2:1
- Paul mentions that their visit with them was not a failure. Have you ever had a “mission” end in failure? Business, road trip, friendship, etc. What was it like?
- Read 1 Thessalonians 2:2
- What stories of courage have you loved? (war stories, biographies, personal family history, etc.)
- Read 1 Thessalonians 2:3
- Paul says it became evident what their motives were. What do you think is the outcome for an organization or a group of people who are led by people with poor motives?
- Read 1 Thessalonians 2:4-6
- When have you tried to win people’s approval? How did you do with “peer pressure” in your younger years? How has “peer pressure” changed for you over the years? Still an issue, or a thing of the past?
- Why is it important for us to ONLY seek God’s approval?
- Read 1 Thessalonians 2:7-8
- Have any of you ever worked for a boss who was “bossy” and their leadership style was to “make demands”? What was that like?
- Have any of you ever had a leader who was “sharing his life” beyond just people around? How does this compare to Jesus’ leadership?
- Close in prayer, asking the Lord to bless Grace Fellowship with the awareness of his gentle leadership among us.