SMALL GROUP DISCUSSION
Begin with opening ice-breaker, like “What’s your current cellphone wallpaper??” and then have some one pray as you get started with discussion questions.
1) Is there anything God is showing you through your studies this week that you would like to share? Generally speaking, what have you learned, or what questions do you have, or what are you getting out of this series so far?
2) Does anyone remember the memory verse from previous weeks’ study?
3) THIS week the memory verse is:
(24) Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. (25) Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another – and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
4) What is a spur? What is a spur used for?
5) Why do you think some are in the habit of not meeting together these days?
6) What “Day” is the writer of Hebrews referring to here? What effect should that “Day” have on our behavior? On our need to “meet together?”
7) The Chapter discusses “four evidences of losing intimacy with God” and Steve mentioned them in his message… do you remember any of the four?
1 – No longer hear from God
2 – lose your joy
3 – do not produce spiritual fruit
4 – no longer have victory in your life
8) Do you suppose these happen in any particular order?
9) Discuss with the the group what future plans look like for your group… disband? continue to meet? ask for feedback from the group experience so far… what do differently? what keep same? fresh ideas?
*CLOSE IN PRAYER, asking for God to show us how to truly EXPERIENCE Him!