Week of June 13, 2021
- Start with an ice breaker question like, “Which of the four seasons is your favorite? What do you like best about it?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- This week we will do a quick review of Chapter 2 so far. Have someone read 1 Thessalonians 2:1-6
- What apparent rumors about Paul were being spread that he addresses in these verses?
- What concerns would each of these rumors create if someone were to believe them?
- Have someone read 1 Thessalonians 2:7-11
- From verses 1-11 what would you say “ethical” evangelism would look like?
- What would the opposite of ethical ministry look like?
- How does Paul’s images of a child (v. 7) or a mother (v. 7) or a father (v. 11) add to this picture?
- Have someone read 1 Thessalonians 2:12-16
- What difficulties were the Thessalonians facing? (v. 14-15)
- How would Paul’s example in the face of suffering encourage them?
- How do you think Paul knows the “anger of God has caught up with” his opponents?
- Who has been a positive influence on you for godly living? How so?
- What really turns you off about the way some people present the gospel?
- Close in prayer, asking the Lord to give us endurance in suffering, and to follow good examples, and to SET good examples.