Week of June 20, 2021
- Start with an ice breaker question like, “What about your dad do you admire the most?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Have someone read 1 Thessalonians 2:17-18
- As a kid, when and where did homesickness strike hard? What did you do about it?
- When did you first learn that you had an enemy (Satan)?
- Have someone read John 10:10.
- What name for the enemy does Jesus use here?
What does Jesus say is the purpose that Satan has?
- Have someone read 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20
- Why do you think Paul called these believers his “proud reward and crown”?
- Have someone read 1 Thessalonians 3:1-3
- Describe a time when someone “strengthened, encouraged, and kept you from being shaken.” Who was it?
- Have someone read 1 Thessalonians 3:4-5
- If Paul promised them that trials and persecution were coming when he was with them, why is he writing about it now?
- If someone told you that God promises a trouble-free life for those who are really committed Christians, how would you respond?
- Is there anything you’re struggling with right now that you want to share with the group?
- Close in prayer, asking the Lord to give us endurance in suffering, and to surround ourselves with others and not isolate ourselves… also, to take the initiative to BE the encouraging friend that others need.