Week of June 27, 2021
- Start with an ice breaker question like, “What do you value most in a friendship?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Have someone read 1 Thessalonians 3:6
- There are many times in the Scriptures where Faith and Love are paired together. What happens if you focus exclusively on one or the other? If you have love but not faith… if you have faith but not love.
- Have someone read 1 John 4:20-21
- What reasons does John say loving God goes hand in hand with loving others?
- What do you think “seeing” has to do with this?
- Have someone read 1 Thessalonians 3:7-8
- Paul, Silas, and Timothy were in the middle of their own difficulties and persecutions, and in the middle of their struggles they found encouragement in the news of the church in Thessalonica. When have you been encouraged by someone else’s perseverance?
- Do you find it motivating to keep your faith in order to encourage someone else? Who do you hope to encourage?
- Have someone read 1 Thessalonians 3:9-10
- What specific kind of gaps does Paul say they have? (Answer: in their faith)
- Do you think Paul is contradicting himself when he says they have faith (back in v. 6) and yet they have gaps in their faith (v. 10)? Why or why not?
- In what specific ways can we help fill in the gaps of our friends and family’s faith?
- Close in prayer, asking the Lord to give us endurance in our faith that we would rub off on others, and be close enough to others to allow them to rub off on us!