Week of July 18, 2021
- Start with an ice breaker question like, “What is something you learned from your dad?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Read 1 Thessalonians 4:9-10
- How do you imagine God had already taught them to love one another?
- What had God done to demonstrate love? (Hint: look up Romans 5:8. Compare 5:8 with Romans 5:5)
- Compare Romans 5:5 with the verse right before the ones we are studying here. (1 Thessalonians 4:8)
- Read 1 Thessalonians 4:11
- What are some ways to live a quiet life? What would you see as the opposite of living a quiet life?
- What is the opposite of “mind your own business?”
- Have you had people in your life who are self-appointed experts on your life? How has that come across to you?
- Read Proverbs 26:17
- How is grabbing a strange dog by the ears similar to not minding your own business?
- What is the opposite of “working”?
- What do you see as the problem with anyone not willing to work?
- Read 2 Thessalonians 3:10
- How can you see that being quiet, minding own business and working with hands is a demonstration of LOVE for others?
- Close in prayer, asking the Lord to give us strong, blameless and holy hearts at Grace Fellowship.