Week of July 4, 2021
- Start with an ice breaker question like, “What is one of your favorite July 4 memories as a child? Were you afraid of fireworks?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Have someone read 1 Thessalonians 3:11
- Paul’s prayer list starts with asking God to help reunite him and the church soon. When have you been away from someone and yearned to be reunited with them?
- Have someone read 1 Thessalonians 3:12
- Second on his prayer list is their Love for one another. What two things specifically does Paul pray about their love?
- What happens to love if it is not growing or overflowing?
- Have someone read Matthew 24:3-14. This is one of many places in Scripture describing the End Times.
- In Matthew 24:12 Jesus says the “love of many will grow cold.” Why do you think this will be the nature of relationships in the End Times?
- What are some practical things we can do to protect our love from growing cold… but instead to have our love GROW and OVERFLOW like Paul prayed?
- Who do you know that loves well? What do they do?
- Have someone read 1 Thessalonians 3:13
- The THIRD thing on Paul’s prayer list is that our hearts would be strong, blameless, and holy on what date or occasion?
- The return of Christ is an important topic throughout 1 & 2 Thessalonians. What specific thing about that day does Paul mention here in v. 13?
- Who are you looking forward to seeing when Jesus comes back?
- Close in prayer, asking the Lord to give us a growing love; and strong, blameless and holy hearts at Grace Fellowship.