Week of August 15, 2021
- Start with an ice breaker question like, “Where and when was an amazing sunset you have seen?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- What causes you to “blow a gasket”? (Traffic? Crowded shopping? Bickering children? Or what?)
- Read 1 Thessalonians 5:12-28
- Paul gives a lengthy list of bullet point type commands here. Looking over this passage, what kinds of people do you see make up the Christian community?
- What attitudes underly Paul’s various commands?
- How would you summarize the goal and hope of the Christian life in v. 23-24 in your own words?
- How do the many commands in v. 12-22 relate to the multi-dimensional perspective of v. 23?
- How to those same commands in v. 12-22 relate to the promise of v. 24?
- How do they relate to the requests of v. 25-27?
- How about to the blessing Paul gives in v. 28?
- Why is GRACE such a foundational principal for the Christian life?
- Why does Paul pray for Jesus’ grace to “Be with you?”
- Close in prayer, asking the Lord to give us GRACE THAT IS WITH US.