Week of September 12, 2021
- Start with an ice breaker question like, “What is your favorite season and why?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- At what stage in life were you “rebellious”? What memory (painful or humorous) is associated with those times of conflict?
- Read Acts 17:2
- Approximately how long was Paul able to spend with this church in person?
- Read 2 Thessalonians 2:1-4
- How would the relatively short amount of time Paul spent in person there affect the church’s willingness to believe rumors about Christ’s return?
- What kinds of ‘things’ do people call god and what are some objects of worship prevalent today? (v. 4)
- Read 2 Thessalonians 2:5-8
- Who do you think is the restrainer of this lawless one? How do you think the “restrainer order” is being enforced?
- What weapon does Jesus use to fight this one?
- Read 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12
- What is God’s ultimate purpose in allowing the “man of lawlessness” to deceive people?
- How does the “evil deception” of the antichrist (v. 10) differ from God causing them to be “greatly deceived” (v. 11)?
- Judgment is coming upon many people – what does this passage say is the reason for judgment? What specifically are the people doing or not doing that is the cause for judgment? (hint: see v. 10 and v. 12)
- How does knowing about a great deception coming impact the way you live your life today?
- Close in prayer, asking the Lord to give us faith to believe the truth as Paul says in v. 12.