Week of September 19, 2021
- Start with an ice breaker question like, “What is the grossest food you have ever tried?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Pastor Steve shared that he really wanted a Red Ryder BB gun… what is something you have really wanted??
- Read 2 Thessalonians 3:1-2
- What do you notice in these verses that Paul wants? Why do you think these are important to him? Is there any clue in the verses about WHY?
- Paul mentions in v. 2 that “not everyone is a believer.” How would having “the Lord’s message spread rapidly and be honored wherever it goes (v. 1)” help change the condition of “not everyone is a believer”? What role does spreading God’s word have in helping people become believers?
- What are some passages in God’s word that impacted you and helped you put your belief in Jesus?
- Read 2 Thessalonians 3:3-4
- Paul says in v. 3 that “the Lord is faithful” and then gives two examples of his faithfulness. What are they?
- How do these examples of God’s faithfulness bring encouragement to you?
- Read 2 Thessalonians 3:5
- Why do we need the Lord’s help to “fully understand His love?”
- When are you most likely to either a) forget or b) doubt that God loves you?
- In v. 5 Paul says not only that we should understand God’s love, but that we should EXPRESS His love. What do you think this means?
- On a scaled of 1 (high anxiety) to 10 (very content), where would you rate your sense of God’s love for you now? Where in particular do you need group prayer and support?
- Close in prayer.