Week of September 26, 2021
- Start with an ice breaker question like, “What was your FIRST real paying job? And What did you do with your money?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Read Acts 2:44-45 and Acts 4:32-35
- Discuss how you have seen believers be generous. Have you ever been on the receiving end of someone else’s generosity?
- Read 2 Thessalonians 3:6
- Can you think of anywhere else in Scripture where we are told to stay away from certain people? (E.g. – 1 Corinthians 5:11)
- What do you see as the main difference between God’s instructions to stay away from certain “believers” and sinful division in church like what is described in places like 1 Corinthians 1:10-17?
- Read 2 Thessalonians 3:7-10
- What specifically does Paul say he modeled? Why is backing up “authority” with living out his example so important?
- Who has been a good model to you in these areas Paul is modeling?
- Read 2 Thessalonians 3:11-12
- What do you see is the result of living a life of “idleness” and the result of living a life of “meddling in other’s affairs”?
- What is Paul’s antidote to those ways of living? (See v. 12)
- Read 2 Thessalonians 3:13-15
- Why would some believers be getting “tired?”
- Sin in the life of a believer always affects the rest of the church. Why would Paul need to remind believers to not get “tired” of doing good?
- What do you find challenging, or encouraging from this passage?
- Close in prayer