Week of October 17, 2021
- Start with an ice breaker question like, “If you could only go to one restaurant in Spearfish, which would you choose?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- What was your “first home” like?
- Thinking of the “renting vs. owning” topic, what do you think the responsibilities of a “small group owner” would look like?
- Before this chapter, did you think the group leader was responsible for the groups “success”?
- Read 1 Peter 4:7-11
- What do you think the preface “the end of the world is coming soon” (v. 7) has to do with the commands that follow in this passage?
- During the “end of the world” how will true Christian behavior differ from the rest of the culture? Can you think of any scripture verses that support your answer?
- Verse 11 says to utilize spiritual gifts “with all the strength and energy God supplies.” What might happen if you tried to serve WITHOUT God’s strength and energy?
- Re-read the author’s “job description” on page 37.
- What in this list surprises you?
- The author states that the “greatest contribution you can make to your group is your own pursuit of God.” Why do you think this is the case?
- How would you rate your passion for God these days?
(1 = ice cold, 10 = red hot)
- Would you be willing to confess a sin in the context of this group? If not, why?
- What is one thing you think this group does really well?
- In what ways can this group improve?
- Close in prayer