Week of January 2, 2022
- Start with an ice breaker like, “In 2022, I need more… ” (fill in the blank)
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Read Romans 1:1
- Murderer Saul became Apostle Paul. How has your life changed since you met Jesus?
- Read Romans 1:2
- What is one of your personal favorite promises in God’s word?
- Read Romans 1:3-5
- Paul says that the Gospel is “what God has done for us.” Give some examples of what you’ve tried to do for yourself, but only God can do for you.
- Read Romans 1:6-7
- How have you ever felt uninvited? What was the impact on you personally to be excluded?
- What does it mean to you personally to belong to Jesus?
- What people or groups may feel excluded from God these days?
- What are some practical ways we can help others know they can belong to Jesus also?
- Paul says in v. 7 we are called to be holy. Discuss: How are we made holy?
- Read Hebrews 10:10
- What insight does this verse give as to how we are made holy? And how does the news about what God has done for us fit into that?
- Close in prayer