Week of December 12, 2021
- Start with an ice breaker question like, “What Christmas-themed food do you think is the worst? The best?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Read Luke 2:8-20
- How does the shepherds’ experience with the angels compare to the experience of Zechariah in Luke 1:8-9?
- How does it compare to the experience of Mary in Luke 1:26-27?
- Of all the people God could have sent the angels to, why did he send them to shepherds?
- How does the fact that the angels came to shepherds relate to Mary’s song in Luke 1:46-55?
- What sort of things do you suppose Mary pondered from Luke 1 and 2 (really her story)?
- God appeared to Zechariah, Mary, and the shepherds when they were just doing their jobs, being themselves. What does that imply about what it means to be spiritual?
- How has God spoken to you in the ordinary?
- How can you be more open to listening to God in the daily routine of life?
- Close in prayer