Week of April 10, 2022
- Start with an ice breaker like, “What is something you’re either learning about right now, or wish you could learn?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Read Romans 8:12
- Paul says we have no obligation to do what our sinful nature urges us to do. Using what Paul has said in Romans up to this point, how would you explain the reason why we are not OBLIGATED to do what our sinful nature urges? (For hints you may want to read 6:2-4; 6:6-11; 6:14; 7:24-25; 8:3; 8:9)
- Read Romans 8:13
- How would you put into your own words the strategy for living the Christian life as described in this verse.
- Who is doing the work in this verse? Me? The Spirit?
- What am I responsible for? What is the Spirit responsible for?
- Can you give a specific example of how you’ve experienced this in your own life?
- Read Romans 8:14-16
- Why two ways of relating to God are contrasted here? (Slave & Child)
- What are some benefits Paul mentions of being a child of God instead of a fearful slave?
- Read Romans 8:17
- What exactly is the first thing Paul mentions as our inheritance? (“Glory”)
- Compare this inheritance with what Paul says in Romans 3:23. Why is this inheritance significant?
- What does Paul say is the second thing we inherit? (v. 17 – “suffering”)
- Why do those two things (glory & suffering) need to go together do you think?
- Close in prayer