Week of June 12, 2022
- Start with an ice breaker like, “As a teenager, how did peer pressure affect the way you dressed or other things you did?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Read Romans 12:1
- How does this passage relate to what Paul said just before this in Romans 11:30-32?
- When you think of “worship” what comes to mind?
- What insight do you see in this verse that gives you better understanding of what is true worship?
- Read Romans 12:2
- What would “conforming to the pattern of this world” look like?
- Can you think of ways that you have been tempted to conform to worldly patterns and ways of thinking, believing, feeling, speaking, and living?
- Read Romans 12:3
- Share about a time when you tried to do something on your own but you should have asked for help.
- Why is arrogance not consistent with the Life of Christ?
- Read Romans 12:4-8
- How does “presenting your body as a living sacrifice” relate to using your gifts?
- Do you think you have any of the gifts listed here? What do you think is one of your strongest spiritual gifts?
- What are some practical ideas for how we can put into practice what Paul says in these verses?
- Close in prayer