Week of June 26, 2022
- Start with an ice breaker like, “When is the last time you got a traffic ticket (or a warning)?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Read Romans 13:1-7
- What is the BASIC command God has for us here?
- What would be the opposite of this basic command? Why would this be incompatible with a new life in Jesus?
- Some say the church must completely separate herself from the state. Currently the ACLU and similar groups would agree as they seek to keep the church out of schools, government, and other public influence. What is your understanding of separation of church and state?
- What do you think of preaching that brings current political positions into the messages?
- Can you think of examples in the Bible where people were forbidden to serve the Lord? And how did the people respond?
- How would you summarize a Christian’s attitude toward government?
- How would you summarize the world’s attitude toward government?
- Read 1 Timothy 2:1-4
- Close in prayer