Week of July 17, 2022
- Start with an ice breaker like, “Have you ever had something vandalized or stolen? If so, how did it make you feel.”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Read Romans 14:14-23
- What is the Lord pointing out to you from this passage?
- If you were to contemporize the issues that divide the strong and the weak in today’s church culture, what are some “gray areas” which could be divisive?
- As you have grown in the Lord, how has your sensitivity to others changed?
- In v. 14, Paul makes reference to an objective truth (everything is ok to eat) and also a subjective truth (for him it is unclean). Why are both of these “truths” necessary in context of relationships with others?
- How does what Paul is saying here elevate the value of love over the value of what is “right and wrong?”
- When have you been more concerned about right and wrong than about loving others?
- Close in prayer