Week of September 18, 2022
- Icebreaker – What is a good childhood memory that you will never forget?
- Read 1 Kings 19:1-3 What was Elijah afraid of? Should he have been afraid? Why?
- Even after being a Christian and being shown God’s faithfulness in your life, what comes up from time to time that strikes fear in you? How has God helped you through these times?
- Read 1 Kings 19: 4 What caused Elijah to feel this way, to the point of depression? Had God ever left him? Have you ever experienced a time in your life, wavering in your faith, that you felt God was not with you?
- What are some promises of God, that we can REMEMBER His faithfulness? Read Isaiah 41:10, Matthew 11:28-30, and Philippians 4:6-7. How does the Lord speak to us through scriptures such as these?
- Read 1 Kings 19: 5-8 How did God restore Elijah physically? How important is it to have rest and to have proper nutrition? God from the very beginning in Genesis 2:2 established rest. How can we establish Sabbath rest each week with the Lord?
- Read 1 Kings 19:9 Why was the Lord asking Elijah, “What are you doing here?” Was it purely a geographical question or was it a spiritual question? Why?
- Read 1 Kings 19:10-13 After a display of God’s power in the way that He passed by, why did He finally speak to Elijah in a gentle whisper, a still small voice?
- What are some things that distract us from remembering the Lord’s promises, faithfulness, and mightiness? What keeps us from hearing His voice?
- Read 1 Kings 19: 14-18 God had a bigger plan than what Elijah recognized. What does it mean for us to place our total faith and trust in Jesus Christ, even when we can’t see God’s total plan in our life story?