Week of November 20, 2022
- Start with an ice breaker like, “What’s your favorite Thanksgiving dish and why?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Read Mark 8:27-33
- Read the following verses and discuss how Jesus has been perceived so far in the book of Mark. *(see Mark 3:21-22; 4:41; 5:17; 6:3; and 6:14-16)
- Why did people think that Jesus was John the Baptist? Elijah? Another Prophet?
- What was significant about Peter’s confession?
- What title does Jesus claim for himself (Mark 8:31)
- What four things does Jesus say will happen to him?
- What kind of Messiah was Peter expecting?
- Why does Jesus react so strongly to Peter?
- How has your understanding of who Jesus is changed over the years?
- Close in prayer