Week of November 6, 2022
- Start with an ice breaker like, “What state have you never visited but hope to someday? Why there?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Read Haggai 1:1-15
- Have you ever won a trophy for anything?
- Why doesn’t God want to take 2nd place in our hearts?
- According to v. 5-7 what have been the peoples’ priorities?
- Why are the things in v. 5-7 unable to truly satisfy?
- How have you experienced similar “dissatisfaction” with things of this world? Examples?
- What does God tell the people to do in v. 5 & v. 7, and why does he repeat himself?
- What does God’s message in v. 13 tell us about our God’s character and nature?
- What is the connection between God’s message in v. 13 and the response of the people in v. 12? Does one depend on the other?
- Read Matthew 6:24-33
- Discuss the challenges of keeping God first place in your life.
- Close in prayer