Week of January 1, 2023
- Start with an ice breaker like, “What is a good thing happening in your life right now? What makes it good?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Read Philippians 3:3-14
- What stands out to you as we read those scripture verses?
- How have you seen placing confidence in self rather than Christ affect your joy in Christ, perseverance in Christ, or your relationship with him?
- Why might Paul consider it a mark of maturity to recognize our own imperfection?
- How might your life look differently if you were to believe by faith that Christ’s righteousness was enough for you in each moment of life (including when you are at your worst)?
- What do we learn about God from this passage?
- How would you describe your endurance in the Christian life?
- When is pressing on hardest for you?
- Have you ever thought about giving up? If so, describe what happened.
- Close in prayer