Week of January 22, 2023
- Start with an ice breaker like, “What is your favorite thing about Winter?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Read John 20:1-18
- What stands out to you as we read those scripture verses?
- When you get upset about something, who is a first person you want to talk to?
- What things do we as humans search for that lead us to a place of emptiness and longing?
- Jesus cast 7 demons out of Mary. What has Jesus done for you personally?
- When Jesus appears to Mary, why do you suppose she did not recognize him?
- What message does Jesus want Mary to tell the disciples? And what term does Jesus use for the disciples in v. 17? What’s the significance?
- When has Jesus been “right in front of you” and you didn’t recognize Him at the moment? How did you come to see it was Him all along?
- Woody Allen said: “It’s not that I’m afraid to die, I just don’t want to be there when it happens.” How have you seen unbelievers face death? How does this contrast to how you’ve seen believers face death?
- Describe what it means to you to know Jesus is with us always.
- Close in prayer