Week of February 12, 2023
- Start with an ice breaker like, “What’s the worst food you ever had to eat to be polite?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Read Luke 6:46-49
- Read Matthew 7:21-27
- What stands out to you as different about these passages?
- What are the similarities of these passages?
- What would you say is the main theme of these verses?
- Describe the difference between knowing a person and knowing about a person.
- Why is knowing about Jesus not enough?
- What does Jesus say is the basis for entering the kingdom of heaven? How do you know that Jesus isn’t teaching salvation by works here?
- How does John 6:29 help inform what Jesus is saying here?
- What is the problem with saying, “Lord, Lord” without doing what He says? In what way did the people in these passages deceive themselves?
- How do these verses carry a warning for us today? What has he told you to do, that you still haven’t done? How can your small group help you to do it?
- Close in prayer