Week of March 12, 2023
- Start with an ice breaker like, “What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?”
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Read John 14:1-11
- What comfort do you see Jesus is offering his disciples?
- Have volunteers read the questions in the following verses: John 13:36 (Peter’s), John 14:5 (Thomas’), John 14:8 (Philip’s), John 14:22 (Judas’). What problems are the disciples struggling with?
- How is Jesus’ promise in v. 2-3 a remedy for the struggles they are facing?
- When have you felt nearest to the Lord?
- How was His nearness a comfort to you?
- Is he only near when we FEEL he is near? Discuss
- What is the significance of the claims Jesus is making in 14:6-7?
- How would you respond to someone who says there are many ways to God?
- What tone of voice do you think Jesus is using in v. 9-11?
- What is the significance of the claims Jesus makes here about the Father?
- Close in prayer, maybe thanking the Lord for his nearness… even right NOW.