Week of May 7th, 2023
Icebreaker question: Who did you look up to when you were growing up? Why? Was it someone famous or not famous?
1) Read Hebrews 10:26-39.
2) In verse 26, what does “to sin willfully” or “deliberately continue sinning” mean to you?
3) What do you think the writer means in verse 29?… “Just think how much worse the punishment will be”
4) Do you think people take God’s warnings as seriously as they should?
5) Psalms 103:12 says our sins are as far as the East is from the West. How do you reconcile that with verse 30 of Hebrews 10, that says “The Lord will judge his own people”?
6) Have you ever felt that you have suffered for Christ? Explain.
7) If you suffered tremendous hardship and suffering, do you think you could love those persecuting you?
8) According to verse 34 it says, “there are better things waiting for you that will last forever”. How does that make you feel?
9) Verse 36 says “What we need is patient endurance”. How do you feel you are doing on this?
10) Read verse 37 – Why do you think it is taking so long?