Week of September 17, 2023
- Ice Breaker: What is the least favorite job you’ve ever had?
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Read Ephesians 1:3-6
- What does Paul say we have received from God in v. 5?
- How difficult is it for you to truly believe God really WANTED to include you in His family?
- In verse 6 Paul says that we have been “accepted” or “blessed” by the Father. This word is used only one other time in the Bible which is Luke 1:28. What are the implications of this?
- How does God’s acceptance of us contrast with the way the world’s system works?
- Read Ephesians 1:7
- What kind of freedom is Paul talking about here?
- Look up the following verses and ask, Which of these verses is most meaningful to you in its description of how God has freed us from sins? Psalm 103:12; Isaiah 1:18; Isaiah 38:17; Micah 7:19; Hebrews 8:12
- Read Ephesians 1:8-10
- What’s mysterious about God’s will?
- What is the mystery according to v. 10?
- Read Ephesians 1:11-12
- What do you think is included in the inheritance we receive?
- Read Ephesians 1:13-14
- What does Paul indicate is God’s purpose for giving us the Holy Spirit?
- Close in prayer