Small Group Discussion Questions
Week of November 19, 2023
- Ice Breaker: What is the last thing you remember googling?
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Read Ephesians 5:15-21
- When you were growing up, what was your family’s position on alcohol use? What was your church’s position?
- What are your current thoughts on alcohol use?
- Why do you think God draws the line at drunkenness?
- How have you seen alcohol abuse hurt people?
- What, if anything, do you remember about your ideas of “being filled with the Spirit” when you were younger?
- How do the participles in this passage shed light on what it means to be filled with the Spirit? (Specifically v. 19 “speaking hymns,” etc./v. 19 “singing to the Lord”/v. 20 “giving thanks”/v. 21 “submitting to one another”)
- How is this description of being “filled with the Spirit” different than what many teach about it today? What’s the strangest thing you’ve heard associated with “being filled with the Spirit”?
- Close in prayer, asking that Grace Fellowship would increase in being filled with the Holy Spirit.