Small Group Discussion Questions
Week of November 5, 2023
- Ice Breaker: What are you looking forward to the most about Winter?
- Have someone pray as you begin
- Read Ephesians 4:17-32
- How would the impact of this letter be different if Paul had begun this letter by simply stating we needed to live a better way than the unsaved world? How would that have been good news after already having 600+ commands to keep in the Old Testament?
- Fundamentally, HOW are we to “live no longer as the Gentiles do”? By sheer determination? By getting really committed? What verses in this passage back up your thoughts about this?
- According to v. 18 what is the deciding factor that prevents “Gentiles” from living rightly and the deciding factor that allows believers to live rightly? (Hint: “the life God gives”)
- According to v. 23 having renewed thoughts and attitudes is crucial to right actions. Explain what you have learned about this.
- Reread v. 32 – How difficult is it for you to believe that God is kind toward us?
- Is there someone you need to forgive? How can we (small group) pray or otherwise help you to do that?
- Close in prayer